Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Nochel, Miguelito, Galito, Mike!

*To my wonderful baby brother: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe you are thirteen. That would make me.....never mind. You are such a great guy and great example. We have a big enough age difference that I got to take care of you a lot when you were a baby. You were always so much fun. Some of the things I remember most about you when you were little: you always had to eat cereal with huge spoons. You called them, "down spoons." You loved the movie Willow when you were like two. When we would leave for school in the mornings, you would walk out onto the porch with your saggy diaper and wave goodbye. You completely freaked out (at the age of three) when you saw my date kiss me. You ran screaming to Mom. I loved when you would call me when I was in college and send me things in the mail. You take teasing very well. (Unless it is about a girl.) I remember when Zack was a newborn and Dad was holding him and said, "How is my best buddy?" And you looked up at him with the Michael Face and eyes full of tears and said, "I thought I was your best buddy." You are a dang good, basketball/ping pong player. You are so funny and a wonderful uncle. You have great taste in movies, you are a dang smart kid and just so much fun to be around. If my boys turn out half as good as you I will be overjoyed. Without a Nochel we would be lost. I mean can any of the rest of us imagine life without the Michael Face? Or famous quotes such as, "Oooo, oooo, I get to be Elphaba!" We miss you tons, but keep up those soccer skills and you can show us all up when you get home. You are such a great brother, I love you, Galito.

--Laur

*Okay, Nochel, I love you so much. It will be fun when you are done with the mission. We'll have a good time. I am being good. I hope you have a good birthday party. Derek is cool, Austin is cute. I think you are cool and I love you so much.

--Zack

*Mike...mike....birthday.

--Derek

*Guuuu goooo spuuuuz

--Austin

4 comments:

Liz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL! I remember when you were just a baby. I can't believe you're that grown-up, teenage kid sleeping on the couch there. Woah! That picture ages me. Well, hope you have a good one! Laurie, I love the messages from the kids...especially Austin's. :)

hermanapeterson said...

Thanks Laur for taking care of me and i love yall lots and lots and did i really have a saggy diaper?

hermanapeterson said...

From mike

James said...

oh my gosh, thats the worst picture I've ever seen! (Happy Birthday bro)