Highlights this week:
*A Canning Extravaganza: So a month or so ago, we had a lot of women in the ward express interest in learning how to bottle/can, whatever, fruit and veggies. Somehow, the Relief Society came up with this brilliant idea to hold a class to teach everyone. However, we had so many people sign up, it has been three days of two-three classes each day to get everyone in. I spent all Monday getting the tomatoes and peaches and other supplies. Tuesday Suzanne did three sessions at her house, yesterday I did two sessions, and today there are two more, luckily I only had to drop off the supplies at the respective houses. I think all up we will end up with the women bottling 270 quarts of peaches or tomatoes. Holy cow this has been a project. I was exhausted last night when we took the last batch off the stove at 10pm. It is worth it though, to get people excited about learning something new and realizing that it is not too hard!
*Derek making a "hockscotch" for Zack. With markers. On the tile floor in the kitchen. It was very cute, though.
*Me spilling burning hot syrup to bottle with the peaches. Now I have sticky cabinets and tile floor.
*Reading Zack the story of John the Baptist. The next day, Matt asked him who Zacharias was. Zack immediately replied, John the Baptisms' father. "Right," said Matt. "And who was his mother?" Without a pause, Zack replies," Eliz Arias." Get it, Zack and Eliz Arias? We were laughing so hard at that (but a little later, so as to not hurt Zack's feelings.)
*Derek looking at the fat, black belt I am wearing today and saying, "Is that a light saber belt?"
*Zack and Matt have started reading Harry Potter at night for Zack to get his 20 minutes of reading in for school. It is really adorable to see how they look forward to that time together.
*Austin has decided to become a walker. He has been standing for at least two months and taking tentative steps here and there, but in the last few days he has really taken off, although very shakily. He is so so so proud of himself!
*Matt has been such a champ during this crazy busy week. Thanks, babe, you rock!
3 comments:
I think the Eliz arias is brilliant! I love to hear how kids are perceiving our words and world.
The canning, I am just overwhelmed thinking of that much canning.
The bottling was AWESOME! Thanks for all of your hard work!
Oh how fun. I always love reading your blog because there's always something to laugh about. Thanks for sharing all - especially your kids' funny comments! I guess I am now Eliz Arias. Thanks Zack! :)
Post a Comment